Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Ellen's song choice for Crystal Bowersox -- a song meant for a man to sing to a woman!


Singers often opine that it is important to "feel" a song, to relate to the lyrics.

It was probably a bit difficult for Crystal Bowersox to relate to the words of the song that judge Ellen DeGeneres selected for her to sing on this week's show -- a song composed by Paul McCartney for his wife Linda and meant to be sung by a man to a woman.

But Bowersox, the ultimate artist, was unflappable.

She belted out "Maybe I'm Amazed" -- and was so powerful and "amazing" that she rose far above any difficulty with the words. Good for her!!

Words to the chorus:

“Baby, I’m a man, baby, I’m a lonely man who’s in the middle of something
“that I don’t really understand,
“Baby, I’m a man, baby, you’re the only woman who could ever help me,
“baby, won’t you help me understand.” Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
r84vxfej6t
Blog Directory