Friday, July 10, 2009

AMERICAN IDOL ALUMNI, UPCOMING ALBUMS TO BE RELEASED THIS YEAR



American Idol alumni will be giving their fans lots of music choices to buy in the months leading up to the end of this year.

Current 2009 American Idol Kris Allen, runner-up Adam Lambert and the last-girl-standing this season, rocker Allison Iraheta, are all signed with record labels and scheduled to release albums this fall. And former Idol contestants with releases also scheduled for fall are Season 7 third runner-up Jason Castro and Season 5 finalist Bucky Covington.



Daughtry’s “Leave This Town”, due for release on July 14th, is a follow to the band’s Grammy nominated, 5x platinum debut album, is described as pushing even deeper into melodic rock. Many of the songs on this album, according to frontman Chris Daughtry, “reflect how where we’ve been determines where we are going.” And the first single, “No Surprise,” is co-written with Nickelback’s Chad Kroeger, and the album’s cover comes from a new song that Daughtry wrote with Steely called, “September.” Daughtry actually speaks about songs from the album on his official website: http://www.daughtryofficial.com/home

Billboard writes very flatteringly of the album: “It’s another record full of songs that make you want to roll down the car windows and bus a vocal cord or two while trying to match Daughtry’s gravelly wail.”



And Season Six Top 5 finalist Phil Stacey will come forth with his own album, “Into the Light” for fans. After a brief stint on the country music scene, Stacy, a former worship leader, presents contemporary Christian music album that celebrates faith and family.

“It’s understandable that people are quick to ask me about the musical side of what I do,” says Stacey on his website. “I enjoy talking about the music, too. In fact, I love it. But the biggest hope I have is that what I do will help draw people to God—whether that’s through the songs I write, how I conduct myself on stage, or more importantly, the ways I relate to other people. Everything I did with American Idol has readied me for this platform and this album.”

The first single, “You’re Not Shaken”, is already being played on Christian radio stations. The release date is Aug. 25. Fans can listen to Stacey’s sound at his website: http://philstacey.com



American Idol Season Six runner-up Blake Lewis’ electro-pop album, “Heartbreak on Vinal”, has a release date of Oct. 6th – and the first single, “Sad Song”, will hit the airwaves this month. “’Heartbreak on Vinal’” is the culmination of over 10 years in the dance scene – the music that gets me out onto the dance floor to lose my inhibition,” Blake said in a press release. “The title is an ode to all the record stores that have been closing down due to my industry eating itself. These are the stores that brought inspiration to all of us music lovers and have led me to make the music I create today.” Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
r84vxfej6t
Blog Directory