Wednesday, July 8, 2009

ALLISON IRAHETA POWERFUL ON AMERICAN IDOL TOUR

American Idol sixth place finisher Anoop Desai opined that rocker Allison Iraheta has one of the strongest sets on the new 50-city American Idol whirlwind tour.

A highlight of Iraheta performances is a gritty, Janis Joplin-like "Cry Baby" -- which she also performed during the American Idol competition. And she hits two other songs, Pink's "So What" and Heart's "Barracuda" out of the ballpark.

"She sings, and I don't believe that's coming out of her," Desai told eonline.



In some ways the Idol tour is easier for Iraheta than the regular season competition. "You're nervous on the show because you have these four guys who are going to tell me how much I suck in front of so many people," she explained, "but with the tour, I know there are a lot of people out there who voted for me."



Desai said that before the Idol Tour's initial performance in Portland on July 5th, "It was sort of an eerie calm. I was more anxious than I was nervous. Once I got out there onstage, the energy of the crowd kept me going. It was easy to perform for everyone because they really want to hear you. To stand in front of that many people an be appreciated and do well was just great. We're lucky our first show went really well."

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
r84vxfej6t
Blog Directory