Tuesday, July 7, 2009

KARA DioGUARDI AND MIKE McCUDDY MARRY IN A DOWNEAST FISHING VILLAGE CHURCH



Beautiful in her Vera Wang wedding gown, American Idol judge Kara DioGuardi married Maine contractor Mike McCuddy in an intimate church ceremony in the Downeast fishing village of Prospect Harbor.

“I felt great,” DioGuardi told an MTV reporter. “What was most unbelievable about the experience was when I looked out at the church and saw these people that were so important to me and Mike, who were there for us. It was pretty powerful. I was very emotional, and I’m not somebody who breaks down and cries.”

She also marveled the good luck of scheduling the wedding for what turned out to be an incredibly beautiful and comfortable day. “It has been raining in Maine for 60 days,” she explained.

DioGuardi also claims that when the couple met, it was “love at first sight.” That meeting occurred, according to reports, when DioGuardi went to complain that a house that McCuddy was building next to hers was too close.

Following that meeting, the couple dated for about a year and a-half before McCuddy asked her to marry him while they vacationed in Mexico to celebrate her 38th birthday on December 8th.

“I was in, of course, my thermal smiley-face pajamas that one of my best friends gave me for Christmas,” she recalled of the day that McCuddy, a former school teacher turned general contractor, proposed.

Initially, she said, McCuddy had worried that he would not be comfortable in her Hollywood lifestyle. But DioGuardi, who grew up in New Rochelle, NY, said that, in fact, “I have no Hollywood life, believe me. I’m working 18-hour days, going home and catching a ‘Law & Order’ episode and calling him at night.”

None of the American Idol cast was reportedly at the wedding, but the guests included the couples family and closest friends, according to Scott Nurse Sr. who performed the ceremony at the United Methodist Church. Among attendees was DioGuardi’s father, former New York Congressman Joseph DioGuardi.

“They are absolutely in love,” said Nurse told US Weekly. “When I told him (McCuddy) that he could kiss the bride, everybody cheered. It was a very close, small family-type service.”

When DioGuardi was asked about her fellow American Idol cast, she explained that she could not visualize them in Prospect Harbor. “I can’t really see Simon Cowell landing in Prospect Harbor. I don’t think that soul happen,” she said.

In addition to her stint as an American Idol judge, DioGuardi is known as a music producer and composer of songs that have been recorded by the likes of , Celine Dion, Gwen Stefani, Faith Hill and former American Idol Kelly Clarkson. Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
r84vxfej6t
Blog Directory